„ARTIFEX” University of Bucharest
„ARTIFEX” University of Bucharest is based on the tradition of cooperative education, started in 1919, and after reorganizations, resumed in 1992. It was accredited under the Law 133/2005 and it ensures the same educational programs like the public system. Our graduates have the same qualification like the public education graduates and they can find jobs in any sector. It has a rich material endowment, including:educational spaces, lecture and seminar rooms, library, a sports hall and sports ground, student dormitory, cafeteria, spaces for cultural activities and a medical centre, in the university campus in no 47, Economu Cezărescu street, district 6, Bucharest. The material endowment of the University complies with the legal standards of high quality education.
„ARTIFEX” University of Bucharest is promoting pluralism of options, critical debate, scientific prestige of the national culture, and international cooperation, and provides education through bachelor and master degree programs, in the fields of: Finance, Accounting, Management, Marketing, and Business Administration, to meet the need for staff to manage economic units in all sectors.
The arguments of establishment and operation of „ARTIFEX” University of Bucharest are based on:
- The tradition of cooperative education, whose history started in 1919, by the establishment of the School of Cooperative Studies, continued, under various forms and legal provisions, until 1967 and resumed in 1992.
- The need to ensure higher education to management staff in the cooperative sector of national economy and Small and Medium Enterprise
- The possibility to absorb a significant number of graduates of the University, according to their diploma, by providing jobs in cooperative units, Small and Medium Enterprises and other economic units in the next 10 – 15 years.
- „ARTIFEX” University of Bucharest ensures the same educational programs like the public system. Our graduates have the same qualification like the public education graduates and they can occupy jobs in any sector or field. Out of the total of 15,000 graduates so far, most of them obtained their bachelor degree after passing the graduation exams with the Academy of Economic Studies and other universities before accreditation, and with “ARTIFEX” after accreditation. Most of them work in Small and Medium Enterprises. No graduate was left without a job in cooperative economic units, consumption and credit units when they requested a job.
- „ARTIFEX” National Technical-Scientific and Socio-Cultural Foundation of the Handicraft Cooperative Sector and the Academy of Economic Studies of Bucharest concluded in 1993, a cooperation convention, regarding the organization and implementation of the higher education in „ARTIFEX” University of Bucharest, given the long cooperation tradition between the Academy of Economic Studies of Bucharest and the former Academy of Cooperative Studies.
- „ARTIFEX” University of Bucharest has a rich material endowment, consisting of educational spaces, lecture and seminar rooms, library, sport hall and sports ground, student dormitory, cafeteria, spaces for cultural activities, in the university campus in no 47, Economu Cezărescu street, district 6, Bucharest.
- We made market studies that revealed an optimum ratio between the supply and demand of higher education staff on the market, and the result is a realistic long-term educational planning.
- We have a plan for scientific research and activity implemented through grants, contracts and research topics that respond to current economic and social needs.
- We have modernized and updated our databases to meet the needs of information of our teaching staff, as well as bachelor degree and master degree students.
„ARTIFEX” University of Bucharest has participated in research, studies and discussions on topics related to competitive economy, development and improvement of the higher education, exchanges of students and teaching staff with similar countries such as Egypt, Germany, France, Russia, Canada, Sweden, Italy, Poland, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Spain. „ARTIFEX” University of Bucharest also obtained the Erasmus Charter.
The outcome of the teaching and educational activity, research, as well as the plans for the future development of adopted structures, through permanent improvement of the management ensure in „ARTIFEX” University of Bucharest the basis of high-quality educational programs, meant to meet the social needs, increasingly complex.
„ARTIFEX” University has 2 faculties:
- Faculty of Finance and Accounting, with 1 bachelor degree program and 1 master degree program in Finance, and 1 bachelor degree program and 1 master degree program in Accounting;
- Faculty of Management – Marketing, with 2 study programs in Management – 1 bachelor degree program and 1 master degree programs, 2 study programs in Marketing – 1 bachelor degree program and 1 master degree programs, 2 study programs in Business Administration – 1 bachelor study program and 1 master degree program.
All programs are accredited.
„ARTIFEX” University organizes European (Bologna system) study cycles:
- Bachelor degree programs, 3 years, in „Economic sciences”, for the following bachelor degree programs: Finance, Accounting, Management, Marketing and Business Administration, with 1 bachelor degree program of 180 ECTS, only in day courses, full attendance);
- Master degree programs, with 4 semesters (120 ECTS), meant to form professional competences in top economic domains. The master degree programs give the students the chance of higher individual flexibility and promote national and international mobility, and interaction between studies and professional life. „ARTIFEX” University has 8 accredited Master degree programs). In 2013, the master degrees programs in Finance, Management and Marketing were assessed by ARACIS. All master degree programs are organized in domains for which the bachelor study programs are accredited).
Out of the 40 full time teaching staff in the University, 7 are professors, 16 are associate professors, 14 lecturers, 3 assistant lecturers.
„ARTIFEX” University has advanced IT equipment and educational software corresponding to the subjects taught, among which: Saga Software, Grantt Project, SIMBA, SIMBC, RETScreen, Eviews, as well as educational programs and digital resources for the study of foreign languages, all this to be added to the huge library with almost 100,000 titles, magazines and journals, and the access to online databases. The University prints the course handbooks and other works needed for the teaching process in „ARTIFEX” Printing House, accredited by CNCSIS.
Teachers and students have permanent communication through Internet online applications such as Yahoo groups and Facebook groups, created for this purpose: to disseminate study material, to exchange ideas, and to receive feedback. In addition, students can go to regular tutorial classes and consultations, they receive help in finding jobs, contacts with companies as well as contacts with the social and cultural environment which ensures a broader horizon for the students.
„ARTIFEX” University provides 100 places for free for institutionalized children and children coming from less favoured social categories.
GENERAL PRESENTATION OF THE STUDY PROGRAMS
- BACHELOR PROGRAMS
- MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMS